Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pop Quiz - Who Said It? - Open Post

By Leadfoot_LA

Alrighty, Polgaters, it’s time for a lightning fast round of “Who Said It?” Test your political and/or pop culture knowledge by selecting the correct person who uttered each quote. We will post answers tomorrow. You will grade your own papers, so don’t email us. You may debate answers in the comments – but NO Googling! That would be dishonest. Not as dishonest as faking a pregnancy for political gain, but still. You all are above that. Good luck!


1) “If I would believe what I read about myself, I would hate my guts too.”
a. Sarah Palin
b. Zsa Zsa Gabor
c. Jan Brewer
d. Madonna

2) "If I could speak to people that lost relatives and loved ones, I would try and convince them, if I could, that to build the mosque goes a way towards seeing that this kind of thing doesn't happen again. And to intolerantly not build the mosque is just polarizing and leads to the kind of problems that rake up this type of conflict."
a. Woody Allen
b. Hillary Clinton
c. Rudy Giuliani
d. Derek Jeter

3) "Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland?"
a. Chuck Norris
b. Sarah Palin
c. Jon Voight
d. Glenn Beck

4) “I'm looking forward to influencing others in a positive way. My message is you can do anything if you just put your mind to it.”
a. Miley Cyrus
b. Meghan McCain
c. Bristol Palin
d. Justin Bieber

5) "Seriously. (The Declaration of Independence) is an incredible document. I think people either forget about it or have been taught it too early in their lives. It's a document worth reading and rereading every single year because it's the principles in that document that we should be loyal to and fight for and struggle for, rather than whichever government is in power."
a. Sean Penn
b. Howard Dean
c. Matt Damon
d. Sarah Palin

6) “I spent some time with Obama and found him to be very genuine, very present, clearly super-smart, and exactly what we need in the world."
a. Sting
b. Bono
c. Cher
d. Barbara Boxer

7) "I think it is the true ideals and dreams of America to have an African-American president named Barack Obama to be the representation of the United States at a time like this…Obama is a man that has great policies, a man that is a great intellectual, who knows what he's doing."
a. Robert Redford
b. Nancy Pelosi
c. Edward Kennedy
d. Leonardo DiCaprio

8) "We have a President, perhaps for the very first time since the founding of our republic, who doesn't appear to believe that America is the greatest earthly force for good the world has ever known."
a. Sarah Palin
b. Christine O’Donnell
c. Sharon Angle
d. Michele Bachmann

9) "I have felt that the government has betrayed most people in turning their back on the working class. Deregulation has destroyed so many things that worked so well, destroyed the airlines, destroyed trucking, destroyed, as we see now, Wall Street. . . We've got to have guidelines, and strict guidelines, that are enforced by the government. That's the government's job.”
a. Michael Moore
b. John Mellencamp
c. Joe Biden
d. John Kerry


10) “If McCain wins that means the press and the public stood for 30 days of race-baiting and smears and that once again we rolled over. I think that Senator Obama is going to have to fight back and meet this force with some heat. It's seems pretty clear they've been reduced to basically race-baiting to try and win this election."
a. Hillary Clinton
b. John Cusack
c. Nancy Pelosi
d. Whoopi Goldberg

11) "That's why people need to continue to go to the town halls, continue to melt the phone lines of their… members of Congress, and let them know, under no certain circumstances will I give the government control over my body and my health care decisions."
a. Rachel Maddow
b. Dianne Feinstein
c. Michele Bachmann
d. Joy Behar

12) "There's only truth and not truth. You're either very good or evil.”
a. Christine O’Donnell
b. Anna Nicole Smith
c. Sarah Palin
d. Lindsay Lohan

13) “Every night, I have to read a book, so that my mind will stop thinking about things that I stress about.”
a. Bristol Palin
b. Sarah Palin
c. Britney Spears
d. Hillary Clinton

14) “It hurts that, you know, the media's made me into sort of this like punching bag or cartoon character--they think that I don't have any feelings, and, you know, it hurts like anyone else.”
a. Bristol Palin
b. Paris Hilton
c. Lindsay Lohan
d. Sarah Palin

15) “Beauty is grace and confidence. I've learned to accept and appreciate what nature gave me.”
a. Jennifer Hudson
b. Bristol Palin
c. America Ferrara
d. Lindsay Lohan

16) “I'm totally normal. I think it's obnoxious when people demand limos or bodyguards. I eat at McDonald's or Taco Bell. My parents always taught us to be humble. We're not spoiled.”
a. Kim Kardashian
b. Willow Palin
c. Paris Hilton
d. Chelsea Clinton

17) “Buck up or stay in the truck.”
a. Dolly Parton
b. Taylor Swift
c. Sarah Palin
d. Tammy Wynette

18) "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."
a. Lady Gaga
b. Sarah Palin
c. Madonna
d. Hillary Clinton

19) "I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door. Show me where the open door is."
a. Britney Spears
b. Nicole Richie
c. Bristol Palin
d. Sarah Palin

20) "When I hear a statement like that coming from a woman candidate with any kind of perceived whine about that excess criticism, or maybe a sharper microscope put on her, I think, Man, that doesn't do us any good, women in politics, or women in general, trying to progress this country."
a. Christine O’Donnell
b. Michelle Obama
c. Sarah Palin
d. Hillary Clinton

There was a lesson here, by the way. Were you paying attention? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment