Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Scott Walker Speaks to "David Koch" -- Confirms That He Is The First Domino In The Downfall Of The Unions

By Kathleen

The Buffalo Beast writer Ian Murphy, posing as David Koch, managed to speak to Scott Walker yesterday. He put in the call because he wanted to know who it was that Scott Walker was willing to speak to. Apparently Walker will not speak to Wisconsin State Democrat Senators but he will speak to one of the "Koch Brothers."



In the above second audio Walker appears to confirm that he knew that Andrew Breitbart was sent to Wisconsin on behalf of the Kochs. He also admits that he had considered planting troublemakers in the crowds during the demonstrations but didn't because he might be forced by the public to resolve the situation there.

Here is a link to the post at The Buffalo Beast where you can also find a transcript.

UPDATE

For some reason the links to the Buffalo Beast no longer work. It is possible that the blog is under attack but that is just a guess -- I have no evidence for this.

Here is the original post:

WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO WITNESS IS REAL. NO NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT. THERE ARE NO INNOCENT.
-MURPHY

***

“He’s just hard-lined—will not talk, will not communicate, will not return phone calls.”
-Wisconsin state Sen. Tim Carpenter (D) on Gov. Walker (source)

Carpenter’s quote made me wonder: who could get through to Gov. Walker? Well, what do we know about Walker and his proposed union-busting, no-bid budget? The obvious candidate was David Koch.

I first called at 11:30 am CST, and eventually got through to a young, male receptionist who, upon hearing the magic name Koch, immediately transferred me to Executive Assistant Governor Dorothy Moore.

“We’ve met before, Dorothy,” I nudged. “I really need to talk to Scott—Governor Walker.” She said that, yes, she thought she had met Koch, and that the name was “familiar.” But she insisted that Walker was detained in a meeting and couldn’t get away. She asked about the nature of my call. I balked, “I just needed to speak with the Governor. He knows what this is about,” I said. She told me to call back at noon, and she’d have a better idea of when he would be free.

I called at noon and was quickly transferred to Moore, who then transferred me to Walker’s Chief of Staff Keith Gilkes. He was “expecting my call.”

“David!” he said with an audible smile.

I politely said hello, not knowing how friendly Gilkes and Koch may be. He was eager to help. “I was really hoping to talk directly to Scott,” I said. He said that could be arranged and that I should just leave my number. I explained to Gilkes, “My goddamn maid, Maria, put my phone in the washer. I’d have her deported, but she works for next to nothing.” Gilkes found this amusing. “I’m calling from the VOID—with the VOID, or whatever it’s called. You know, the Snype!”

“Gotcha,” Gilkes said. “Let me check the schedule here…OK, there’s an opening at 2 o’clock Central Standard Time. Just call this same number and we’ll put you through.”

Could it really be that easy? Yes. What follows is a rushed, abridged transcript of my—I mean, David Koch’s conversation with Gov. Walker. Listen to the whole call here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

UPDATE

Our reader, Bellpeppery, sourced these two tweets from twitter and an article from channel3000.com which all confirm that the article in The Beast is true and that the recorded interview is not a false one:

http://twitter.com/news3jessica/status/40444174641795072#

http://twitter.com/news3jessica/status/40444235941552128#


Walker spokesman Cullen Werwie released a statement confirming that governor was the voice heard on the call.

"The governor takes many calls everyday. Throughout this call, the governor maintained his appreciation for and commitment to civil discourse. He continued to say that the budget repair bill is about the budget. The phone call shows that the governor says the same thing in private as he does in public and the lengths that others will go to disrupt the civil debate Wisconsin is having," according to Werwie's statement.

+++++++++++++++++

Update

Mother Jones reports that Jeff Cox, a deputy attorney general from Indiana has called for the use of live ammunition against Wisconsin protesters. Read more here.

wlfi.com reports that Jeff Cox has been fired from the Indiana Attorney General's office. That certainly did not take long -- thank goodness for some sanity.

+++++++++++++++++

Hat tip to Robert!

No comments:

Post a Comment