Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sarah Palin Turns-Off Today Show Viewers In Droves

By Kathleen

What's with the over large scarf, Sarah?
Disclosure. I did not tune in to watch Palin's appearance on the Today Show today as watching a train-wreck would certainly have harshed my mellow (thanks Mrs TBB). Besides which I had better things to do with my time such as an afternoon of baby photo gazing and speaking on skype with my daughter, the highlight of which was watching Nathan alternatively gooing when Jenny looked at him and screaming very loudly because his mummy was trying to give me some attention as well. Oh dear I sense trouble........

Still, I had some time left on my hands and having read a few comments on the blog I decided that I should take a sneek peek at reactions to Palin's co-hosting extravaganza. The results were even better than I expected and my advice to Palin is that she had better start hunting for new career options because "co-hosting" is definitely not in her future. That it was a fiasco would be putting it kindly -- it was so much worse than that. Even Today Show fans left in droves when they saw La Palin on their much loved screens.

Hat/Tip to Dusty, KAO and HFA


The comments below are just a fraction of those that were left on the Today Show public facebook page and many of them are quite delicious.


The question asked by the Today Show was quite simple:

Sarah Palin guest hosts the Today Show, how do you think she did? 

Predictably the answer was a big fat thumbs down for Palin. Americans do not like her -- she is everything that the majority of Americans do not want to see or hear from or be reminded of. She is an embarrassment and most people have no interest in watching her, especially when she spends most of her time dissing the President for no good reason other than the opportunity of repeating her tired worn out  "anybody but Obama" meme.

The big guns at NBC and other TV channels would have to be suicidal to repeat a similar fiasco.

Enjoy the comments and you can read more here on Facebook



  • Dan Bowen The other networks won!
    4 minutes ago · 

  • Jan Zessin For the past 30 years I have been a devoted follower of the Today Show. I have never seen Good Morning America - UNTIL TODAY!. I wouldn't want to start my day off watching Sarah Palin.
    4 minutes ago ·  ·  1

  • Joyce Rodrigues Garcia Looking at the above comments....SHAME ON YOU ALL while Sarah shows courage and grace! Thank you Today show!
    4 minutes ago · 

  • Marsha Estefan didn't watch ya'll must be hurting to get her
    4 minutes ago · 

  • Cherie Wright Thought you needed an IQ over 10 to read the notes on your hand!
    4 minutes ago · 

  • Kathy Pagel Carle They can promote Sarah Palin if they choose, but I choose to never watch the show again.
    4 minutes ago ·  ·  1

  • Todd Dwyer So who's co-hosting the next show, TODAY? George Zimmerman?
    3 minutes ago · 

  • April Michelle Dean Resnick How do I unlike Today on FB? I am done.
    3 minutes ago · 

  • Jean Eyre Bone I normally tune into the show while getting ready for my day but I purposely did not turn it on this morning because of her!! I don't know what y'all were thinking. Secretly I hope GMA beat y'all in ratings today. Think about who you bring on next time... Seriously disappointing.
    3 minutes ago · 

  • Julie Cycon Stuewe Didn't watch. First time ever, I switched to GMA.
    3 minutes ago ·  ·  1

  • Megan Amey Zarlenga I just left today because I cant listen to her talk. Its like nails on a chalkboard. I will be back tomorrow...although Katie was great on GMA. I miss her.
    3 minutes ago · 

  • Joyce Borocz Abbott I am a lifelong "Today" watcher. I have stuck by this show with every anchor change and loved it. I am afraid you may have "Jumped the Shark" with this one. It was nice, however, to see Katie Couric on GMA this morning. I have never watched that show, but I may start to tune in now. Bad move NBC - bad move.
    3 minutes ago ·  ·  1

  • Fonda Edmonds Nesbitt Teri I guess Sarah's parents did not teach her the lesson because she has always said negative things about a lot of people and when someone says anything negative about her she has a fit and says she's being attack....She's a negative person,who likes to cause trouble to keep her name out there.
    3 minutes ago · 

  • Lisa Tran McKee I am a very loyal Today Show viewer an for the first time ever, switched the channel to GMA & CBS Morning, which I didn't do even when Gayle King made her debut. I really tried to stick w/ Today, but Palin just doesn't sound natural or intelligent ever. She couldn't even throw it to Al for weather. She bashes the mainstream media, but grabbed the first pop for mainstream airtime. Disappointed in Today & NBC for making a poor choice. I like hearing opposing views, but choose someone intelligent and can answer a question, not dodge them w/ rehearsed lines that someone wrote for her.
    3 minutes ago · 

  • Laura Yocum I liked seeing her on the show!! Good for her and good for NBC!!! Why would all these "loyal" people leave their beloved morning show because of one show that they disagree with!! Not as loyal as they claim to be!!!
    3 minutes ago · 

  • Maricarmen Perez What, I saw her on show and hoped immediately this is a joke and does not host regularly or I will not watch Today show again.
    3 minutes ago · 

  • Kathy McGovern Straus I watch Today every morning. I am very disappointed that you would have that ignorant self promoting obnoxious woman on your show. I DIDN"T watch today. Her voice alone is like nails on a chalkboard.
    3 minutes ago · 

  • Norma Vader Sarah Palin for President!!!!!! Love Sarah!!!!!! Bunch a Liberal Haters!!!!!
    3 minutes ago · 

  • Jennifer Laurence NOT a fan of Ms. Pailin AT ALL!
    3 minutes ago · 

  • Kelli Feathers I actually thought she did very well.....
    2 minutes ago ·  ·  1

  • Dina Johnson Didn't watch the wench, and if NBC pulls this stunt again, they will lose a loyal viewer. How were the ratings, Today? You should be ashamed to have this type of trash on in the morning.
    2 minutes ago · 

  • Karen DeVa Lynette Simmons Boooooo Boooooo on You
    2 minutes ago · 

  • Robert Silvestri Equal time should now be offered to a liberal counterpart. You know. A woman of intelligence.
    2 minutes ago · 

  • Sonia Alves give me a break.
    2 minutes ago · 

  • Richard William Long If I wanted to know in the least what Palin had to say I'd watch Fox's but I don't and now I don't want to watch you either. Why you felt the need to elevate Palin stick any higher is beyond me, thank's for making me check out other morning shows.
    2 minutes ago · 

  • Jo Ellen Berryman I think by reading all the posts here it is obvious SP was a HUGE mistake!!!!
    2 minutes ago · 

  • Carey Gurkin Estes I turned of the tv
    2 minutes ago · 

  • Tracey Allan Willson I have chosen not to watch the Today Show this morning which makes me so sad. I love it and normally I'm at work. This is my spring break from teaching so I was looking forward of a week of the Today Show. It gave me a chance to watch a different morning show to get an idea of what else was available.
    2 minutes ago · 

  • Fatima Gaitan Archer Couldn't tell you. I change the channel and watch good morning America.. You force me to cheat!

No comments:

Post a Comment